Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Footsteps

Footsteps on the sandy path
Barefoot do I dare to tread
Winding forest trail begins
Worries off my mind is shed

Fresh air chases after me
Playing, dancing through my hair
Flowing grass sways in time
Breeze escapes without a care

Flowers dance in the sun
To the wind’s perfect tune
Shining faces smiling, free
Beauty in spectacular bloom

Looming forest up ahead
Trees whisper in the shade
Beckoning me to come in
Inviting curiously into the glade

Enveloping me within its grace
Creatures scurry here and there
All around their calls are heard
Gently do I tread with care

Small against the towering bark
Respect and honour feelings rise
Curiosity at creation’s charm
Gaia throws off Her guise

Rising from the soil down deep
Through my feet into my soul
Grounding, connecting to Herself
Earth greets me and takes hold

Warm sunbeam falls on my face
Acceptance of a true heart
Igniting me with fiery warmth
Feeling of belonging starts

Rushing, rustling through the leaves
Wind returns with cool caress
Yet as I turn to walk away
Releases its hold and comes to rest

Down the path, a cliff appears
Cool droplets of water fall free
Cascading in casual cadence
Rhythm reaching inside of me

Heart beating to the tune
Nature’s song plays on, and sings
Of love, gratitude, unity
Peace to my heart She brings

Insignificant as we seem to be
Humbled by my tiny part
In all of creation do I find
Only man can a revolution start

Devastation upon our planet reigns
Nature weeps in despair
If only there were more like me
To give protection and good care

Meditation and time well spent
Creatures of the ground and air
Bid farewell and scamper away
Night approaches so be aware

Thankful to Gaia for Her concern
Her kindness and hospitality
Mindful of my favourite place
As I stroll back home to reality

And if one day you pass that way
While down to the woods you go
There between the trees you’ll find
Her spirit to each traveller shows

That in our hearts, may truth remain
Transformation all begins with you
So make a change, make a stand
No time to waste to start anew.

~ Quentin Jessen © 11 July 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment